Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Scatterday

Scary high winds during the night scattering stuff around the yards, mostly the flotsam and jetsam from trash day. It's cold, too, which should be no surprise, but the weather has been off kilter lately.

Long day Friday spent at a surgery center with my brother. A procedure for his kidneys. Not successful, and will need repeating next week. He has been having a rough go of it, but hanging in there.

Before I forget (again) I wanted to place the correct link for a photo I had in a post a few days ago, for the gypsy horse. Somehow I copied the wrong URL. So here is the picture again with the right link. (Scatterbrained)


Anyone watching the short tv series called The River? It's a little odd, a little scary and I can't decide if I like it or not. Shows I am crazy about:  Fringe, Grimm, Lost Girl and oddly enough, Castle (Nathan Fillion from the sci fi series Firefly is in this show). And of course, Downton Abbey. We record everything on the DVR and zoom through the commercials. The only way to watch tv.

Something I have not heard in months: cardinals singing and blue jays squawking. Heard both yesterday. Do they think Spring is coming early??

Working on my magickal herb cupboard this weekend.  Some other re-organizing as well. No particular reason other than, like this post, I am feeling scattered.

Hope the weekend is a great one!! Blessed be!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather is rather warm and nice here and spring has arrived to southern sweden and the west coast already! I know it's way to early and that winter may arrive through all of April here, but I sort of would like to have spring here already :-) :-)

I hope Your brother's surgery will be successful!

Have a great day!
Christer.

Aine O'Brien said...

Well, I think that you have perfect excuses lately for being "scatterbrained." But organizing is the way I deal with that. For some reason you do the best organizing when you are unable to focus as usual. Must use a different part of the brain.

Very windy and rainy here too and the fog horn is warning in the background. I've seen a bluejay, a robin and heard birds singing, so I am sure that Spring isn't far off. I'm sure these are all welcome signs for you! This has not been your best Winter for sure.

Sending all positive thoughts to your brother, and you - including strength!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nate Fillion was born and raised here in my city of Edmonton, Alberta. He is truly "the local son made good." And is apparently a nice guy too. Glad you're a fan!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I agree with Aine, you have alot of reasons to be scattered. I'm just glad that you have something planned for you. Keep care of you along the way my dear. Candles still lit for your brother. Oma Linda

Danni said...

Nathan Fillion could be in just about anything and I'd watch it; yumm! And I love Fringe, it always keeps me on my toes.

Enjoy your organizing, it's one of the few ways I can relax when I'm feeling pulled in a million directions - suppose there's an obvious reason for that, eh? ;) Best wishes to you and for your brother's procedure. Keeping you guys in my thoughts!

Ashling said...

Being scattered seems understandable given the circumstances you've discussed, and all that Air whipping around can add to it. Spending time organizing is just the thing for grounding and refocusing.

Jeanne said...

No apologies necessary! Here's hoping that your brother's surgery goes well.
Take joy in the birds' chorus - for Spring can not be far away.....
May your weekend be filled with lots to fill the heart with happiness.

Magic Love Crow said...

We had high winds and lots of snow this weekend too! I am sorry for your brother! Sending him healing thoughts!
My friend, I don't watch any of those shows, but I am exited for Game Of Thorns to return! Yeh! And, do you watch Merlin? I love Merlin!! I love Supernatural too!!
I love you being scattered and not scattered ;o)

Lili said...

Your magical herb cupboard sounds so intriguing Robin. Hope you share more info about it. (Or maybe I just need to read some of your archives.) So sorry your brother had to go through an unsuccessful procedure that he will need to repeat. Hope everything turns out well for him next time. ~Lili