Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Friday, August 15, 2014

Summer Breeze

Gardening has been a challenge this summer. A few terribly hot days here and there, cooking the plants, then days of rain drowning the plants, windy days tossing the plants. Now squirrels are stealing tomatoes. But there are some magnificent weeds flourishing. And there is always the farmer's market!

One thing we have enjoyed, and by we, I mostly mean me, is gliding on the porch glider, observing the birds and bees doing their thing. Now wait, I did not mean that the way it sounds. Many birds visit our yard and feeders. Not to mention sweet little hummingbirds. Many bees, some not too scary, but a few that I would rather not interact with. It is peaceful to glide on a pretty day and listen to the sounds of summer. Most meditative and easy to hear the Voice of nature. I don't mind gliding on a rainy day, either. (I'm under a covered porch and enjoy hearing and smelling a summer rain.)

We have an Arctic Blue Willow shrub in the yard that has grown to massive proportions. Dense foliage provides hiding places for sparrows, chickadees, rabbits, chipmunks and a wood chuck on occasion.  When the breeze changes from a light zephyr to the hardy hustle and bustle of a good strong breeze, the branches wave and dance, swirl and mingle in the most beautiful display of ballet-type dancing. Very magickal.

Every day offers a new way to celebrate nature. I wouldn't miss it for the world.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see You back again :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I'd love to join you on your glider porch and watch the mother nature show. Sounds wonderful. xoxo Oma Linda

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds perfect! Let the birds and bees do their thing, I say!

Sandi said...

Well said Robin.....nothing more relazing.

Ellen in Oregon said...

Good to hear from you. I love my hanging out on my glider too. I'm 4 stories up on a large covered deck, but have 2 families of hummingbirds that visit like clockwork 3 times a day and a great view of the wildlife estuary across the street. Even saw a red fox & her kits out for a walk the other day. Nature makes for the best entertainment & it doesn't cost a dime. Hope the kittens and everyone is doing great this Summer.

Magic Love Crow said...

I will join you and Oma Linda on the glider ;o) Big Hugs ;o)