Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Egad! I've Done it Again.

Absent again. I am finding it difficult to get back into a blogging routine, and I just must make a better effort. Not that it is an effort to blog. I love blogging.  I will do better.

We missed out on the big Buffalo NY snowstorm. And are we sad? Nope. Our neighbor to the west had a rough time with over 7 feet of snow in less than 48 hours. Our neighbor to the north got snowed under as well. We lucked out! Currently we have about 5 or 6 inches which is nothing.

Thanksgiving Day was most successful and delicious, if I do say so myself. All the favorite flavors and aromas! We ate to our heart's content without overdoing. It was a good family day of food, fun and thankfulness.

Friday after Thanksgiving we just remained quiet at home. The morning newspaper weighed probably 50 pounds with all the ads. We don't buy into the Black Friday thing. Consumerism gone mad.
And delicious leftovers for dinner.

The one glitch for Thanksgiving is a broken dishwasher. Agghhh! The one day a year where every dish, pot, pan, serving ware, utensils, plates, flatware, etc are put into use. My husband has been making attempts to fix it but to no avail. I loathe doing dishes. But the family pitched in, at least on Thanksgiving. Thanks, guys!


Must fly! See you soon.

5 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Good to see your post. Jerry was just asking if I ever heard from you anymore. Glad you are all alive and well. How are the fur babies?

jaz@octoberfarm said...

where exactly are you located? you are lucky that you missed that snow! when i lived in jamestown, i would have been directly in it's path i think!

Elaine said...

Oh my, a broken dishwasher on Thanksgiving sounds horrendous. I really take mine for granted.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the company and food. Have a wonderful weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That Buffalo blizzard was just CRAZY! We've got about the same amount of snow as you. That's bad enough, LOL!

Magic Love Crow said...

So happy you weren't hit with the bad snow storm! Sounds like you had an excellent Thanksgiving ;o) Lots of good food ;o) Yummy ;o) Love that photo ;o) Hugs ;o)