Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Moonlight and Sunlight

What a Full Moon last night!! Did you see it? By great good fortune the sky was clear while that large SuperMoon ascended. It was huge. To my eye, it glowed a pale pink as it rose, appropriate for the name Strawberry Moon. Our deck allows a great view of the rising moon. I did not even try to photograph it, as previous attempts have not been very successful. Clouds did move in but only added to the beauty. The photo below shows the pinkish color that I saw last night.

Image Source
We are having a heat wave, which of course one would expect in the summer. Over 95 degrees F, sunny and somewhat humid. My newly planted containers are wilting as I look at them. Time for more watering.

On this hot Sunday, here are some funny garden images I found.

Image Source
Image Source
Image Source
Image Source
Bright blessings from Robin!


10 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

We are headed for that heat wave. Too bad it couldn't have waited those three weeks til my retirement. I cannot deal with heat in the city. Yikes!!!

Sadly, I missed the moon. Cooking day yesterday wore me out. I'll be glad when I no longer have to try to do everything in one day.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy gardening!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

We sat on the front patio and enjoyed Ms. Luna's grandness as she passed by the front pine trees and up into the cloudless sky. She was gorgeous.
As to the heat wave....I'm sorry. We have been holding a constant 99 for the past two weeks with 7% humidity. When it does rains we get our 1/2"....not in accumulation but you can see the rain drops every 1/2 inch apart....and then the storm is over. See why I don't have a lush garden???? I live in a very hot dry sand box. But we love it.
Glad you got to commune with Ms. Luna. Love you darling one. Oma Linda

The Boston Lady said...

How weird is this? I went out to look at SM (Super Moon) last night and I thought of you over on the east coast doing the same! I'm hoping that things are getting better and better for you and your husband. Here the moon was so bright and a bit larger. Tides were up at the beaches today I hear. Ann

MrsDuncanMahogany said...

Wasn't the energy amazing last night! We sat in the back, had a bonfire and welcomed in the beautiful Super Moon...the energy still tingles today! So nice that you have a great view! Sending some cool thoughts your way!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i finally got to see the moon this morning. we have the horrible heat and humidity too. just awful!

Anonymous said...

Missed the moon I'm afraid. It was cloudy where the moon went up yesterday evening when the rest of the sky was cloud free and it was clody where it went down when the rest of the sky was cloud free :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, I am melting, I am so hot!! I didn't see the super moon ;o( Darn it! I am jealous! But, I felt her ;o) You have fun gardening and keep cool ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Sea Witch said...

Oh Robin, thank you for your healing energy. I am scared as I don't want to lose this amazing man of mine. We so enjoy our lives together and adore life around us. The biopsy went well today and my honey is doing very well with the recovery. Now we just wait for the results. Sunday's moon was amazing and I asked for strength and guidance from her. She always comes through. Blessings to you and those you love.

Deb said...

Hey Robin...you won the kitty dish. Please send me your address to debsteckly@catlover.com and I'll get it shipped off to you. Congrats. Deb & Audrey