Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Back from Virginia

Hi Y'All! (that's how people talk down south in the Shenandoah Valley)

We drove back Friday and arrived home road-weary and dog-tired. Thank you all so much for your sweet words of sympathy and love you have left for me and mine. We are walking around in a kind of stupor, but sleep and time, tea and perhaps some chocolate will help. I am planning on doing a ritual for my mom very soon. She was a Christian and believed truly in a Heaven and reuniting with all the loved ones who have passed. I fully believe she will have her beautiful after life.

In the meantime, I will think of a way to honor her passing, of her breaking through the veil of this life, into the next. She never knew about my Wiccan path. It never felt right to tell her about it. Can't explain why. I am sure those of you on pagan paths will understand. It is not about fear of her being angry, or rejecting me. I have no regrets not revealing my path to her.

On the way home, we were thrilled to see very new-born baby calves in the fields. A true representation of the sabbat Imbolc, which is February 2nd. The return of light and new life.  Very sweet scenes.

Take care, everyone. Back soon. Love you all.  Robin.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's good to be home again, I'm sure. A ritual for your Mom sounds like a wonderful act of remembrance and love.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I concur with Debra, doing a ritual for your dear Mother will be a wonderful way of remembering her and also a release for you. Both of those things are of love. xoxo, Linda

Magic Love Crow said...

My friend ;o) So happy you are home and it's good to hear from you! I agree with Linda and Debra, doing a ritual for your mom will be wonderful! A beautiful way to remember her and honor her! Big Hugs ;o)

Anonymous said...

Tea and chocolate is a good help for everything :-)

Take care!
Christer.

Ashling said...

I feel like I'm intruding discovering your blog so shortly after such a great loss, but from one stranger to another, wishing you peace. A ritual to honor her passing is a good thing. So is chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely, dear Robin. A ritual is a wonderful tribute to your mother and a bonding between worlds. Hugs to all.

Jeanne said...

So much love and comfort can be found at home. And in the arms of those we hold near and dear. And may your loving memories bring you much comfort. ♥