Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Off to a "great" Start!

Fourth day of the New Year and here I am, just now, with my first post of 2012. To go along with my belatedness, I somehow messed up my "comments" button when I changed my blog design. Fortunately, family members came to my rescue and everything seems to be back in order. Apologies to my dear followers who emailed me about the problem; and to those who gave up trying to comment. I will make every effort to keep the technological interruptions to an absolute minimum!

Happy New Year, by the way!! We had a fabulous time! Daughter Raethan and her husband were here, and there was a lot of love and laughter all the way around. Great ritual, with drumming and the fireplace glowing wonderfully. Good food (of which I was the cook, lol!!). Board games, gift opening, and a whole bunch of etc., etc., etc.!!

The very big news is that I received (drumroll, please...) a NEW CAMERA!!! A Canon PowerShot ELPH300HS. The gift tag read: "To Her Royal Highness of Bloggers; From Her Loyal Followers". Isn't that a hoot!! Love it! So I can now return to full-blown  photo-accompanying blog posts. It will take me a few days to learn all the ins and outs of the camera, even though it is not that complicated, I still need a bit of learning time! Thank you, dear family!

My brother is doing well and enjoyed the holiday. Lots of visits from the various therapists is helping tremendously. His recovery continues slowly but consistently.

We received our first big snowstorm and the temperatures have plummeted to single digits. Beautiful, but frigid. I knew the winter weather could not stay away for too long. Photos soon!!!

This was a quick check-in post. Hope all is well with absolutely everyone. Blessed be!

10 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Glad to hear of your pleasant New Year's Festivities. Best wishes for a great 2012 and Congratulations on your new camera!

Vivienne Moss said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Love that you got a new camera for Christmas. I'm still taking pics with my phone until I get a new one.

I am very happy that your brother is doing well and had a good Christmas.

Blessings, V.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I look forward to all the photos you'll be taking with your new camera! I've got to tell you, though, that my cat Her Royal Highness is miffed that you're using her moniker. She doesn't share things well, being a cat.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

and the comment section works and the crowds go wild.........woooooooo.
Congrats on the new camera. Happy 4th of New BB, Oma Linda

mxtodis123 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. I'm glad. You've had your share of stress.
Mary

Lady Caer Morganna said...

I am so glad to hear that you all had a wonderful and memorable Holiday! (and also that your brother is coming along as he needs to be).

Awesome news about the new camera! I know that I would totally lost without mine!!! LOL!

Blessings,

Kim

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Robin, yeh, the comment button is back! So exciting ;o) And, how exciting you got a camera ;o) I can't wait to see all the new pictures for 2012 ;o) Happy to hear your brother is doing well ;o) Happy New Year ;o)

Anonymous said...

I don't like it when the blog changes like that :-) It takes forever to get it back to normal again :-)

I'm glad Your brother is dióing fine :-) Doesn't matter if it takes some time as long as he is improving.

That's a great camera and I'm sure You'll take great photographs with it!

Have a great day!
Christer.

Jeanne said...

Huzzah!!! A new camera!! I have a Canon ELPH (though different model)and I just LOVE IT!!! I know you'll have oodles of fun with yours.

Happy to hear that your brother's recovery is continuing well.

Aine O'Brien said...

I'm so glad that things are looking up for you. A new camera!!!!Yay!! I have been using the Bard's fancy camera. In fact, I carry it in my purse which is now more of a camera bag! Comes in handy when you happen upon a good shot!

Looking forward to a great 2012! Like your new blog look - I usually read on reader, but had to come check it out.