Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meanwhile, Back on Planet Earth

2012 seems to be shaping up to be a busy year. It's a Leap Year and an election year in the U.S. (and the obvious continuance of that statement would be: I'd like to tell the candidates to take a leap.....but hardly a Wiccan kind of thing to say...!) Anyhoo, the Summer Olympics will be taking place in London in a little less than 200 days. It will be enjoyable to see what our English friends have come up with for the various venues, opening ceremonies and obligatory scandals. There is always some kind of hoopla at the Olympics.







Here in my little corner of the world it is still snowless and relatively mild (mid-40s F). We complain about too much snow, and we complain about not enough snow. An area in Alaska has received 18 FEET of snow and need rescue. No complaints, then, from me.

Seed catalogs are arriving in the mail!  So many choices, so little land!!! Dig on, baby!!


Imbolc is coming. That is the next Wiccan sabbat in February. More to come on that!!

Also, a few other things brewing here at Wiccan Writes. I do declare that the giveaway I have mentioned will actually be happening! Soon. I promise. And a short story. And, wait there's more!!! Keep checking back!

6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I didn't know it was a leap year. Thanks for the reminded. We've not even had a flurry here in the city. The temps have been too warm.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We've also been getting TV coverage here in Canada of that town in Anchorage with the 18 feet of snow. Poor bastards.

Vivienne Moss said...

I would love to tell the candidates to take a leap as well.LOL

We are under a winter weather advisory here in Indiana. Looking at anywhere between 2 and 7 inches. I'm okay with the 2 inches. Still no car so I'll be walking in this winter wonderland!

Looking forward to Imbolc and all the beautiful posts that will be shared.

Blessings, V.

Unknown said...

Yes a busy event filled year awaits us. I hope all events personal and corporate result in positive things. Its in the 60's in southeast Virginia, but a cold front is a coming! Be prepared!

Magic Love Crow said...

You are so cute Robin! I will for sure keep checking back! You know, I don't live in the United States, but I would like to tell our politicians to take a leap! LOL! We had snow, which had turned into rain and I just hope it doesn't freeze! I don't mind driving in the snow, but freezing rain, no thank you! Big Hugs ;o)

Anonymous said...

I follow the road to the elections of Your president with great interest!

And I'll follow the olympic with just as great interest too :-) :-) It's so close to us so I'll be able to see a lot on tv at normal time :-) No need to sit up all night :-)

Poor people in that village! We'll get snow in the beginning of next week and temperatures will stay below 32 so this time it will stay for a while. I'm so tired of rain right now so I won't complain about the snow when it starts to fall :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.