Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Monday, December 22, 2014

A Game of Groans

Happy Monday!!

I must have been out of my mind yesterday, Sunday. I ventured into the grocery store, me and 20 million others. Took much longer with the crowd, but honestly everyone was polite and friendly.
Got the Christmas ham, chestnuts, clementines, and of course, some sweets.

I have denuded our tree of all ornaments, since it has become a game. I put the ornaments on, the cats take the ornaments off. Some of the ornaments get carried away to other parts of the house. The final straw was coming home to find the tree on the floor, dirt from the pot scattered everywhere and ornaments laying all around. The Norfolk Island pine now just has one string of lights.  Not sure if it will survive into the New Year. Groan!!!

Ah, Yule! So nice to have that benchmark met! Love the turning of the Wheel of the Year. We even have a partly sunny day.

Light and Peace!! Robin


7 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Kittens. You got to love them. I've been through it. One year I made the big mistake of putting Miss Minga and her daughter, Twinkie's stocking under the tree. Didn't think anything of it, but the catnip got to them some time during the night. Came out to find the tree down and over half the presents torn open. Last time I ever did that.

Bought my clementines today. I adore them. I have two every day. Hubby had two colds and I didn't catch either one of them. Must have been all that vitamin C.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, kitties! Leave that tree alone!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Sorry that your cats have been having way too much fun with your tree....on the other hand, what a nice gift you gave them.

oldgreymareprimitives said...

bad naughty kitties <3

Anonymous said...

The joy of having playful cats :-) I can't have a big tree because Orvar would just pee on it :-) I did buy a tiny Norfolk Pine but it will be standing on a table until it's so big it must stand on the floor and that will take quite some time. My cats don't care about any tree unless they feel they can fit on the pot, they like to sleep on the soil :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Jeanne said...

Deck the hall floor with ornies and balls of dirt....Fa La La La.....

Magic Love Crow said...

I am so sorry for your tree! But, the kitties are having fun ;o) They are saying, thanks mom ;o) LOL! Happy Yule ;o) Many blessings ;o) Merry Christmas ;o)