Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Sampler--Yule Tree, Wassail and Turkey Soup

Greetings on this December Sunday. Sunny for a change, but rather cold. Winter is coming (as they say in Game of Thrones!).

So just ignore that post with the no-show photos. Obviously something is wrong and I will need some intense help, but it might be a little while before that will happen. So let's not talk about it anymore, okie doke?!

Today we decorated our sweet Norfolk Island Pine. It is really lush and green, and sits on a table in the living room. We thought it would be safer than getting a regular 5-6 foot tree because, you know, we have rambunctious kittens. At 16 pounds, Pyewacket can knock stuff over. There is no way he can climb up this little Yule tree. It has one string of colorful lights, one string of gold bead garland and then as many tiny, light weight ornaments that would fit. It looks festive and cheerful. One of these days, after we build our house at AutumnWood, we will have a room just for things like trees and other "no cats allowed" stuff.

A holiday experiment is going on right now as I type. Got the crockpot going with the ingredients for Wassail. That punch from the carol, "here we go a-wassailing". Always wanted to try it, and I saw this recipe on-line that might be tasty. Experimenting today, so we can make another batch on Yule with brandy added. Hope this recipe turns out well. If it does I will share the recipe.

Oh, and I did make a very delicious turkey soup the other day, using the remains of the turkey, bones and carcass. Smelled so good while simmering, and tasted wonderful (yes, I do say so myself). Served with parmesan-cheddar biscuits and cranberry sauce. With a stunning apple cake for dessert. Stunning, I say!! (lol).

New dishwasher being delivered this coming Wednesday thank the Universe!!! I have been soldiering on with (gasp!) handwashing dishes. I am dealing with my hardship as best I can!!!!

Must fly. Take care!   Robin.


2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I think the turkey soup is the best part of it. The leftovers went into single serving bowls to be thawed and eaten on a cold, snowy day.
Mary

Magic Love Crow said...

I'm coming over for the turkey soup and apple cake! So yummy! Hugs ;o)