Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Dreaded Craft Corner

Okie doke......in recent weeks around the blogspot, I have seen photos of craft areas in various stages of organization (or disorganization). I am taking the plunge and daring to post my own little craft nightmare corner.  Mind you, I have already spent some time about a month ago hauling out the flotsam and jetsam of the household, that somehow seems to wash up on my craft shore (sorry about the nautical metaphors). So today, I present to you an area that I hope in no time at all will soon become a beehive of creative activity, buzzing with so many projects, organized and spotless, a veritable honeycomb of beauty (sorry about the apian metaphors).

Without further ado, here it is:  Ta-da....and all that:

The Craft Corner...turn left past the woodstove


At least I can now get INTO the Corner






Didn't somebody say once that a tidy desk is a sign of a cluttered mind?




So now that I have publicly and irrevocably embarrassed myself, I now will attempt the impossible, and bring order and beauty to this small space. I wish I was Samantha Stevens, and could just twitch the nose, and voila!  Can anyone else top my mess?

6 comments:

Sooz said...

We shall conquer them together! Organization is good....but a tidy desk? I am always working on something (or five)!

Aisha @The Bewitching Bibliophile said...

LOL be glad you have a corner, and good luck or organizing your corner BB

Anonymous said...

It still looks better than my place does out in the garage :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day now!
Christer.

Aine O'Brien said...

Ha! Took the words right out of my mouth Aisha. I have a craft - um - shelf. In the closet that holds absolutely everything else. I have no idea where I last put my knitting basket. I think I have a glue gun somewhere. my clay, last I saw it was dried up so I might have thrown it out.

Someday I will have a craft area to clean up and I will photograph it too!!!!

If if makes you feel better, though - I've definitely seen worse!

Robin Larkspur said...

Sus: thanks for the encouragement!

Aisha and Aine: Waited a long time to get my own craft corner...I know what you are going through, with no space for a craft place. I am very glad to finally have room for a craft corner!

Christer: um....thanks, I think.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well..my dining room table...um..could use some help. I NEED a craft room!!