Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Looking for Gargoyles (in all the wrong places?)

Ever since I read Rue's post about gargoyles on her Rue and Hyssop blog here I have become somewhat obsessed in wanting to find my own Protector. I think a witch needs a gargoyle just as much as a broom or a cauldron. Though our property is protected by witchcraft already, what's the harm of adding a bit more. Browsing the web you must know there are at least 2 gazillions sites. The one I'll show you today has a wide variety (to see the website click on this: gargoyles for sale)

Some of these are quite dangerous-looking, others are whimsical, funny, ugly, tacky and downright gross. Peruse these examples and see which one(s) you would like hunched on your doorstep.
Frog-goyle?




Bad mood or leg cramps?


Good grief, this guy is much too lazy to be of any use

This face reminds me of someone, maybe a British rock singer?

Would you pick this one?

This satyr type is not too bad, except he looks like he is answering nature's call

Grin or grimace?
Gargoyle humor


9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that last one, definitely! Too funny! (And your descriptions of the other ones are hilarious!)

SharleneT said...

Actually, I love the lazy one! Kind of fits my mood, right now. So busy on a project, I barely have time to scratch my nose...

Anonymous said...

I have a friend that makes gargoyles :-) I´ve ordered an angry dragon from her but she has troubles making her dragon look angry :-) :-) So I´m thinking of getting a gargoyle from her instead :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

The Traveler said...

I would take the ones stealing the gnome, lol. I like a little mischief around the house as my boys can tell you.

Magic Love Crow said...

LOL ; Robin, I am laughing my head off! Great post my friend! I love everything you said with each gargoyle o) Thanks for making my day!
I love the one you said, he looks like he is answering nature's call! I have two more gargoyles in the room where I paint and work on my computer. I can't wait to show them. I think you will really love them!

Magaly Guerrero said...

"Bad mood or leg cramps?" lol

The first protector of my house was (and still is) a gargoyle. His name is Wicked Grins. You can see him in this post (http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-05-20T00%3A13%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=5). I have one in my kitchen too, and there is a smaller one who guards my Spring Maiden. I love my GGs.

Lady Caer Morganna said...

The gargoyles are so cute! I really love the "lazy one," I am drawn to the gargoyle cats myself (big surprise).

I have also been into Dragon's lately as well (in Chinese astrology I am the Dragon - LOL)

Blessings always,

Kim

Jeanne said...

What a fun filled site with so many glorious gargoyles to drool over!!! I'm already missing my gaggle of gargoyles who are currently hibernating in a moving box.
Thanx for sharing the site! :0)

Anonymous said...

Robin, I chuckled all through these images with your comments. If I had to choose on of these, it would certainly be the last one. Hilarious!!! Blessed week to you, my friend.