Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Medley--Another Blogger-rific Weekend

Firstly...terrible weekend with Blogger! How about you? Could not access the dashboard; or if I could click on dashboard settings, I received error messages. Makes you want to throw your hands up in disgust. I am hoping this post will publish!  Okay, enuff about that!!
Image credit


My husband and son startled the heck out of me yesterday with their screaming!! Why? They were watching the Soccer quarter finals. Congrats to Team USA for the phenomenal win against Brazil!  You go, girls!!
Image Credit


Latest "plague" of the day: Black flies. Yes, they have landed...and circled and flitted and buzzed. Sitting on the porch glider became impossible yesterday afternoon thanks to the little devils. Humid, hot conditions certainly didn't help. Gotta love the summer bugs.



I am eating up Book 3 of the George R.R. Martin "A Song of Fire and Ice" series. This book, A Storm of Swords has really been a page turner, and there are a lot of pages, over a thousand. My husband and daughter got me reading the series. HBO has made the first book, Game of Thrones, into a tv series. As always, the books are better. Here's the author's web site for more info


Happy Monday!! Wishing everyone a great week. And smooth Blogging.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave up yesterday trying to comment on blogger blogs. But it seems to be working better today.

No black flies here or there is but they never care about me :-) But I have enough of horse flies and mosquitos instead. But most horse flies seems to have fled to the forest after they cut down all the grass on the fields outside my cottage.

Have a great day!
Christer.

Jeanne said...

Blogger...such a love-hate relationship!
Flies! We've had out share of them here as well. Enough to drive a person bonkers! But then, I probably didn't have far to go to reach that point....

Alexis Kennedy said...

Oh Robin! I'm on A Feast for Crows now! I soooooooo love these books! Let me know what you think when you finish.. that one is totally a page turner.. so much happens there!

mxtodis123 said...

Oh yes, I did have a terrible time with blogger. Kept getting these error messages. What was most frustrating was commenting on someone's blog, and having an error notice come up when you went to publish. Finally I just gave up.
Mary

maddyrose said...

Has blogger always been such a head ache? I've only been blogging for a little over 4 months and it seems there's always some sort of problem. I have 2 new followers but have no way to welcome them as I can't see who they are.
Your post was great. I'm going to see about adding "A Song of Fire and Ice" series to my reading list. Have a great week, Robin.

Robin Larkspur said...

Maddyrose....it seems in the last 4 or 5 months there are problems every week with Blogger. I hope they work things out, soon. Hang in there!

SharleneT said...

I thought I was the only one in the Blogger nightmare! It was awful... Sooooo frustrating. We will continue with high hopes....

Unknown said...

I haven't been able to blog much...so I missed this latest glitch with Blogger.

Black flies? YES, grrr!

I LOVE your Blog! I have a little something for you at the link below...you've been chosen to receive the Wonderful Web Witches Award for June 2011! http://paganbydesign.blogspot.com/2011/07/wonderful-web-witches-june-2011.html

Anonymous said...

Of course the weekend is when I have to most "free time" to do blog updates and read my friend's blog and it was such a bother to use all weekend. Very frustrating!

I love the fly cartoon. heheheh!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Robin, I had no problems with blogger?? Sorry about the black flies! I love Game of Thrones, maybe I should read the books!! Take Care ;o)

Tamara said...

Good Morning..i swear i have some sort of blogger problem everyday! Sunday none of the followers on anyone's blogs would load in so I couldn't follow the new blogs i stumbled upon. Today the comments are taking forever to load, then the side slide has a huge delay...grrrr irritating! And black flies suck!! lol :) Hope you have a good day :)