Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Medley

I am accepting condolences on the demise of my dear camera. It failed over the weekend, a sudden, unexpected event. This is bad news for a blogger. Alas, no photos for a while.

Yesterday's newspaper (The Post-Standard, Syracuse NY) published a photo of an unusual looking bird.  A partial albino American Robin. I love robins, my namesake after all. They normally have a dark gray back, with a beautiful orangish-red breast. He looks almost ghostly.

http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2011/04/bird_columnb.html

I don't observe Easter, but I do observe this:  Delicious chocolate, wrapped around a lovely creme center. Only around at Easter time. The Cadbury Creme Egg! A family favorite.

Sunshine is pouring through the window right now, we might make it to 65 degrees F today, before rain and thunderstorms move in. The forsythia is showing yellow blooms, the lilac is budding out, and the lupins are getting tall and green-leaved.  Anxious for the mud to dry up so we can work in the garden! Patience is merely the art of covering up impatience!

Beltane this weekend...more on that this week.

Have a super Monday.

7 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

What a "odd" looking Robin. Thanks for posting the picture. And what's not to love about Cadbury eggs.....yum.
Beltane Blessings my friend, The Olde Bagg

mxtodis123 said...

I had my fill of those Cadbury eggs this year. I am glad that they cannot be found throughout the year, because that makes them so much more of a treat.
Mary

Anonymous said...

I like how that bird looks but unfortunately other birds usually doesn´t. I do hope it is strong enough to become an old bird.

I love those filled chocolate eggs, but we can buy them around christmastime over here too. But then they have green or red foil wrapped around them :-)

Have a great day now!
Christer.

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Robin ;o) I love that little robin! And, I love the picture! I hope he lives long and all the other birds love him too!
Yummy chocolate egg!! All, I can do is look at them. Strict diet I am on!!!
I will look up what Beltane is, so I will know what you are talking about ;o) Have a great day ;o)

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Wow! That is one cool looking Robin! I think she is very pretty!!!

And Cadbury eggs? Mmmmm - they always bring back childhood memories for me. ;)

Blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

That Robin sure looks strange, but beautiful too.
That chocolate egg sounds really yummy. We still have some little chocolate eggs, but they won't be around a lot longer ;)
Here in The Netherlands it's in the 70's.
It's very warm for this time of year.
Have a great day.

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your camera. May it be replaced soon. :0)

I don't think I have ever seen an albino robin. That is really, really cool! Thanx for sharing!