Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Veteran




Today is the United States national holiday, Veteran's Day. A day set aside to recognize and honor this country's military servicemen and servicewomen. Throughout our history there have been countless sacrifices by these men and women who endured tribulations, the horrors of war, long separations from family and home. From the early days of this country's founding to our present war-torn status, members of our military defend the United States to the best of their abilities; too many have lost their lives, too many have come home irreparably injured. And still, the service continues. No matter what one's beliefs are concerning the conflicts, we must all recognize these honorable people as the heroes they are. Whether a veteran served in peace time or war time, the jobs they performed were created for the common good.



My best friend, The Godmother of my children, served our country in the US Army until her retirement a few years ago. She served in the Medical field, and deployed to the Persian Gulf. Retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel, her contributions to our country were of valued importance. I am so proud of her and it is a joy and honor to have her in my life. Thank you, dearheart.


There is a man I know who served his country for 24 years. Enlisting in the US Navy out of high school, he became a vital part of the Submarine Service. His meticulous sense of duty, commitment to his job, his incredible work ethic and his pride in performing his duties to the utmost of his abilities led him through a brilliant career. Please join me in thanking him for his contributions to our country's freedom, and also wish him a happy birthday, as he was born on November 11th.

My Happy Hubby!!


I love this man!!


Veteran's Day, November 11, 2011:  Observe, honor, remember.


11 comments:

Vivienne Moss said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby and a big thank you to him. My brother served in both the Army and the Air Force. He passed away last year from the big "C". I miss him terribly and remember him most on this day.

Blessings to ALL who serve.

mxtodis123 said...

Happy birthday to your hubby. How handsome he is in his uniform.
Mary

Aine O'Brien said...

Happy Birthday Robin's Hubby!!!! A man in uniform...ooh la la! :)

Great post - as a proud mother of a US Marine (my oldest daughter) I appreciate this post and agree that no matter what our feelings regarding military positions, we have to honor those who serve and protect us!

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Beautifully said, Robin and I agree with everythig you have said 100%!!!

A very Happy Birthday to your hubby and many thanks to him and all of our veterans today and always. For without them, we could not and would not enjoy the freedoms we all have today.

Blessings always,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Your Hubby!

We don't have any day like this over here and it is almost two hundred years since we participated in any war and I myself is a conscientious objector so I never completed any military service wich all men should do when I was at that age.

Have a great day!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, sweet Robin and happy birthday to your handsome hubby! Have a wonderful, accident free weekend, my dear friend.

Magic Love Crow said...

Wonderful post Robin! Happy Birthday Hubby ;o) He is a cutey! Love his smile! I agree with Mina, please have an accident free weekend ;o) Hugs ;o)

Carmen Esposito said...

Happy Birthday Hubby! And thank you so much for all you and all those serving in the military have done to make sure I enjoy my freedoms.

oldgreymare said...

Belated wishes to your happy Hubby <3

I always say to someone whenever a conflict comes up in conversation about the military/wars etc...

You may not support our military actions but never fail to support our men and women. I never take them for granted.

xx
z

Magaly Guerrero said...

The hubby looks very handsome in his Dress Whites. No wonder he is your favorite and you love him!

Jeanne said...

A Happy Belated Birthday to your Hubby! My Father was born on Nov. 11 and served in the Pacific during WWII.