Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Monday, November 28, 2011

Rainy Days and Monday

In the summertime, lying in bed listening to rain, whether it is falling gently or pounding the earth accompanied by the thunder and lightening symphony, I am pleased.  The soft rain lulls me to sleep. The loud and energetic storm makes me feel cozy, snuggling down into the covers.

But rain hitting the windows early on a Monday morning in late November is quite different. Ugh. Hit the snooze button and try to return to a soft, warm sleep state. It is a little chilly outside, no lovely sunrise. Just the darkness gradually lighting up to a dull gray. Even the dogs want to stay in bed.

This is perfect weather for the Time between Time. Rain, gray, chill. It is not a crisp winter cold. Just a damp, dull day. There is no sparkling snow, glistening like diamonds in the morning sunshine. Birds are quiet, maybe a lone crow calling somewhere in the near distance.

Awake now, with reviving coffee. Ringo, our canary is singing. The kitchen light throws a little cheerfulness here and there. The dogs steeled themselves, tippy toeing through the rain in the yard.

The day begins.




image source

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't let it get you down!

This morning was beautiful in New England. The clouds were a brilliant shade of hot pink streaking an otherwise muted sky. Fog traveled low in the fields and twisted mysteriously around dark tree trunks. The atmosphere only stayed this way for a few moments but it was enough to assure me today was going to be awesome!

(I figured if your morning weather stunk I would lend you some of mine!)

mxtodis123 said...

LOL!!! I know exactly what you mean. Our rain will be here tomorrow.
Mary

Unknown said...

Damn I wish I could write like that!! Mine ends up just ends up being "UUUggghhh I don't wanna get up!" Not as poetic as yours. Lol. Have a wonderful day!

Lady Caer Morganna said...

I also love the sound of rain and thunder. It helps me to sleep at night. In fact, I actually have a noise-maker I use every night which I really love!

Blessings,

Kim

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

lovely gathering of thoughts and the delivery is divine. Oma Linda

Jeanne said...

A good day for introspection.....
And a good book! :0)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cold November rain -- soon it will be sleet. Hey, keep warm!

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, you write so well! I can picture everything you said in my head! I like the rain, when it's in spring, or in the summer, but it just doesn't seem right, when we are suppose to be seeing the sparkling snow! I understand! Have a great one ;o) Hugs ;o)

Vivienne Moss said...

Beautifully written. Your morning sounds much like mine. Though I have two parakeets insted of a canary. it is still raining today but is to turn to snow this afternoon.

I can't wait for the beautiful, sparkling snow.

Blessings and Good Cheer, V.

Anonymous said...

Much the same over here today, no fun getting up at all. But it is still better than snow :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Having one of those days here today. I think you gave me the answer though... coffee!