Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Friday, December 16, 2011

"Checkmate King 2, This is White Rook, Over"

If you watched the 1960's tv series "Combat", you might possibly remember that the phrase I have used in my post title today was a common line in that show. I remember it because my friends and I (all girls) used to "play" Combat during the summers. I know, strange, little girls "playing war". We used to say that phrase to each other, holding pretend walkie-talkies.

Walkie-talkies are proving invaluable for us here, now that my brother is home from the hospital. I am downstairs. My brother is upstairs and needs something. He calls me on the walkie, I answer him. Totally "White Rook" all over again!

Yesterday's homecoming was hectic, running to the doctor straight from the hospital. Getting all the prescriptions, the excitement of walking in the door of the house for the first time in over two months. Even the canary, Ringo got a little crazy. The dogs went nuts. The transition will take a few days, but overall, my brother is relieved and happy to be back in his own bed and away from the hospital. Home health care starts tomorrow, with a nurse coming, and also a physical therapist. Home cooked food is a source of happiness!

So let the holidays begin!

source

6 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Super duper, over.

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a walkie taklie when I was a kid :-) I remember when my cousine got one and no matter how much I begged I never got any :-)

I think the healing process will be even better now when Your brother is home again! There's no place like home how great any other place might be :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Vivienne Moss said...

So happy to hear things are going well so far. Home cooked meals are always the best and when cooked with love can be very healing.

Blessings, V. over

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Warm wishes and healing thoughts coming your way. over.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am so happy for all of you! Love the picture! Hugs ;o)

Jeanne said...

Nothing like a good home-cooked meal to heal all sorts of hurts.
Blessings to everyone! :0)