Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

May I Suggest?

Boy, howdy a chilly 18 degrees F early this morning! The girls were very anxious to be let back in after their quick trip outside. They are now both curled up by the woodstove which is crackling merrily away.

A random item of movie news: Raethan just sent me a link to a movie trailer. I had no idea that a third entry in the Men In Black series was being made. Both my HH and I are fans. Here's the link if you are too.   MIB3

A random item of birdfeeding info: Suet feeders are great for woodpeckers, chickadees, titmouse and many more types of birds. Squirrels, however make quick and destructive work of them. A hint I found on another blog  chronicles of a country girl offers a solution. Placing the smaller feeder inside a larger one. Perfect! Click on the link to see a beautiful photo of the solution in action.

Here is a great idea for a Yule Charm: From The Provenance Press Guide to The Wiccan Year   Spells, Rituals, Holiday Celebrations by Judy Ann Nock (copyright by F+W Media, Inc, 2007, Avon, MA)

"To attune with the return of the sun, combine equal parts of bay laurel, cinnamon and nutmeg in your mortar and pestle. Grind them together and place on a circle of green cloth. Bind it with red thread and carry it with you on the winter solstice. All three herbs are considered to be ruled by the sun. This charm will enhance psychic awareness, project positive energy, and emanate a warm and spicy aroma."

source
I love ideas like this. Grinding the herbs and making a charm is a very satisfying and magickal task. As always when performing the Work, your mind and heart should be fully aligned with the intent associated with the charm. From the time you begin gathering your tools, herbs and other supplies until the Work is completed, remain fully focused. I always find myself humming whenever spellcraft is involved. For me it is a way to be completely in the moment.

Enjoy your Tuesday. Bright blessings from Robin.

source

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love MIB too!

Vivienne Moss said...

Thank you for the suggestions. I love them all. We love to feed the squirrels here at our house. We ahve four of them we call Fat Freddie. They tend to leave the bird feed alone because we leave them corn. They are well behaved squirrels.

Bright Blessings, V.

mxtodis123 said...

Brrr!!!! And I thought we were cold. I'll miss my squirrels when we go. Won't have as much nature available to me, but I can always get on a train and travel, can't I?
Mary

Anonymous said...

I have been hoping for a third part of MIB :-) :-) This made my day :-)

Have a nice Saint Lucias day!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing! Now I just need a remedy for this awful sinus infection that has me bound to my home. :(

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, what a fun post! Thank you for all the great ideas ;o) I love Men In Black and enjoyed the trailer, thanks ;o) Blessings my friend ;o)

Jeanne said...

Cool! Another MIB movie. :0)
And love the tip about the double feeder for suet. Skirrels have been a problem lately. Though Gomez does love to watch them.....

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr! Poor puppies having to do their business outdoors. You know my cat has to go outside to use the bathroom as well. We have never been able to get him to user the litter box as he has always gone to the back door to be let out. You should see the little guy in snow. lol

Thank you for sharing that wonderful charm. Brightest blessings to you!