Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mad Dash and Info Overload

Why do alarm clocks decide not to work on a day it is imperative one must be up and out? This was the case for us this morning. HH, son Nicarus and I needed to be at the hospital for a training session. With my brother's discharge looming, we needed to be trained in all things dealing with a person recovering from a stroke. Lots to learn about meds, physical limitations, speech and physical therapies, diet, etc.

A mad dash in the rain and fog 30 miles to the hospital. Somehow we made it there, only a few minutes late. Since we were each functioning on only one cup of coffee, trying to absorb all the information being sent our way was a challenge. But we had good instructors and hopefully all will be fine when my brother gets home. There is a lot to do and we are all committed to assisting him in making as complete a recovery as possible.



Hey!! Linda in New Mexico!!!! Thank you!! I won a prize in Linda's 600th post giveaway. A Not-Quite-Right Heart arrived in yesterday's mail. It is a beautiful, cheerful Holiday heart and I love it! Linda, my BB, love ya bunches.  Check out Linda's blog  here
I would love to post a photo of it, but the buggeddy camera is refusing to work. So picture a heart in your creative minds, with a black check bow and a big button on one side, and a Santa holiday paper on the other side, sewn together with a blanket stitch! Sweet!



From Dorothy Morrison's book Yule, another little tip:  "Know where your broom is. If a guest in your home makes you uncomfortable, excuse yourself and stand the broom bristles up. The guest will leave promptly and take their negative energy with them."


All for now. Hugs and blessings!   Robin.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if my comment reached You. My internet connection died just when I posted it :-)

Anyway, I overslept today too :-) I forgot to set the alarm clock so I came a few minutes late to work :-) The first time in 25 years that has happened.

Have a great day!
Christer.

mxtodis123 said...

Congrats on your prize. Linda is such a special person...and so are you. I've been 'oversleeping' every day this week, and it sure feels good. Vacation is a wonderful thing.
Mary

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You are more than welcome BB. Oma Linda

Jeanne said...

Always hate those days when I start out in a mad rush! UGH!
But I know that your brother will be in very good hands - with you and Nicarus assisting him. :0)

I always keep my broom standing in the corner by the front door - bristle side up. It's always handy when I may need to sweep and it has kept those of 'ill intent' away. :0)

Magic Love Crow said...

You will do well with your brother and I know he will do well too ;o) My mom had 3 mini strokes in a row and came out of it perfectly ;o) We kept her moving!!! Lucky girl winning one of Linda's hearts! I love her hearts! I have to buy this Yule book! I love the tips you are telling us ;o) Hugs my friend ;o)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That broom spell works even better if you chase them out of the house with it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your lovely win from Linda! I love her NQR hearts.