Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Green Christmas and a Squee!!!!!

Green Christmas. We live in a very snowy, wintry region. It is unusual to have no snow for the December holidays. I am not crazy about dealing with digging out cars, icy streets and parking lots, frigid wind chills and all that. But I will admit to missing the white stuff on Christmas morning. It lends a certain ambiance. I am sure the Snow Gods will be making up for lost time soon though. Remind me in late January that I said I missed the stuff!

Squee!! Guess what I received for a wonderful Yule gift from my darling and delightful husband. A drum.  Did you hear me?  I said:  A DRUM!! Yes, that is right! No more borrowing drums at drum circle, or practicing at home on a Folger's coffee container. A real, honest-to-Goddess djembe! A conspiracy that was afoot for two months, between my husband, son and our dear friend Mary Hudson at the Fey Dragon methaphysical shop. I had no clue, and was completely WOWED!! I will get a photo of it soon, but here's an image of a similar drum.


The drum is made from mango wood and has a very good sound. It will be a blast at the next drum circle, I'll tell ya!!  

Am I lucky or what?!?!

12 comments:

Danni said...

I'm jealous of your drum and that you have a local drum circle! I've always wanted to go to one, but our closest one is over an hour away. Yikes.

I'm glad you guys had a great holiday; what a sweet couple of guys you've got. :)

Rue said...

VERY luck girl! Happy to hear that you were spoiled!

Vivienne Moss said...

we are get the fluffy white stuff today. Wish we had it on Christmas.

Yay on the drum. Very awesome!!!

Blessings, V.

mxtodis123 said...

I've been saying the same thing about the snow this year...not that I live in a snow region...but these temperatures on Christmas are a bit much. Glad you had a wonderful holiday. What a special gift.
Mary

Lorelei Bell said...

That is one awesome drum.

I do not miss the snow. I don't miss the ice, and I do believe like you the snow gods will have their revenge-if not this year, in years to come. I've lived in the midwest long enough to know that. (^;
Have a good one!
~Lorelei

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can understand how great it must be to have a drum of Your own :-)

It isn't totally unusual for us to have long periods during winter without snow even if we live that far north as we do.

The warm water in the Gulf Strem coming from the carribean helps with that :-) I remember one winter some years ago when the snow came in early Mars and stayed till the middle of May :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Robin ;o) No snow for us either. We are suppose to be getting some today, but then it warms back up next week!
You are so lucky!!! How cool! I have to admit, I was laughing when you were talking about practicing at home on a Folger's coffee container! LOL! Only you!! Have a great one my friend ;o)Oh, I hope your brother is well ;o)

Lady Caer Morganna said...

LOL! I quite agree about the snow! How awesome that you got a new drum for your drumming circle from your sweet hubby! I am sure that you will enjoy it for many years to come!

Blessings,

Kim

Alexis Kennedy said...

Wow, Robin!! What a gorgeous drum it IS, too!! Great job to hubby for picking a nice one! Enjoy!! Hugs and Happy New Year!!

MechanicsWife said...

Awesome! :D
We had a bunch of the white fluffies here yesterday too. It didn't stay though. Which is fine with me. :D

Jess said...

What a lovely gift. It looks very big! You're sure to have hours of happy drumming! :)
Jess x

Anonymous said...

OMG Robin! I would squeal s well. That drum is gorgeous. Congratulations, my friend and merry merry Yuletide. ;-)