Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Monday, September 6, 2010

New Bird Species Discovered/Thoughts on Wiccan Practice

The elusive Chipmunkatis, non-feathered variety
Here's something I have't seen before in my garden. Apparently this little "bird" is checking out the accomodations offered at the Wiccan Two-Family Bird-plex. He must have been deciding if there was room for him, the wife & kids, and still have space for all the nuts and safflower seeds he has been raiding from the garden!


Finches on a Pine Tree(click for a better view)
I have several goals this month, especially before Mabon (September 23rd, Autumn Equinox). I am re-vamping my Book of Shadows as I have decided to expand my ritual and spell casting beyond candle magick, incense, and music to include herbs, essential oils and gemstones. The tables of Correspondences can be tricky, as the sources I refer to have a tendency to be contradictory. One book will say use blue candles for healing, another will say use white. Or don't perform this particular spell during the waning moon, another will say wait till the Full moon. This is actually a conundrum in many areas of Wicca. One can read TOO many books. At times it can be quite overwhelming. So the solution is to pick the sources that feel the most comfortable and natural. As long as the basic "tenets" are followed, including the Wiccan Rede: Harm None, The Three-Fold Law of Return (what goes out comes back three times over). The intent must be fully formed. The personal power must be completely focused. Do what you will--harm none.

At any rate, I am working to enhance my Wiccan practice, and hope to have some interesting things to report. It is quite exciting, really.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

sorry to hear about mckenzie. i went back and read your post. we knew misch's time was coming so though we are sad, we know she had a good life. my last chow chow died of stomach cancer. we did everything we could for her and it did not go well at the end. she was in lots of pain and i swore no animal of mine would ever go through that again! thank you for your condolences!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

I love your chipmunk. They are very special to me. I have never seen one in a birdhouse though!