Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Friday, January 28, 2011

Candles for Imbolc




While contemplating my Imbolc ritual I have been reading several books and blogs to add something different this year. Today I was happy to see Patti Wigington's blog had a very nice candle ritual. If you would be interested in reading about it, click here



It is good to know that the Wheel of the Year is turning a bit more towards Spring. Where I live, it is definitely a symbolic turning, as it is way too cold, there is far too much snow, and we definitely will not be seeing signs of spring yet. But we know it is coming, and celebrating the Imbolc Sabbatt means we do not have to wish the winter away; winter will be leaving on its own soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_of_the_Year
(note: midsummer is called Litha in many traditions)


Hey, it is Friday! Lots to do this weekend. Blessings to all, stay safe, warm and happy.   Robin.

3 comments:

Myster said...

thanks for the link! I'm going to go check that out. :) I found an interesting ritual in a blog earlier... If I could remember which one I would link you, but I read way too many today. Hm.. Well, I hope you find what you're looking for and if I find that blog, I will... HEY! I saved the link:

http://darkmothergoddess.blogspot.com/2011/01/imbolc-spell-and-maple-whiskeywoot.html?showComment=1296224302514#c9167171893529783873

there you go! :) It sounded pretty nice to me. :)

Robin Larkspur said...

Myster, thanks for the link to darkmother, I have actually read her ritual for burying your wishes. I appreciate your comment!! Blessings, Robin.

Alexis Kennedy said...

Awesome post, Robin! Thanks! Happy Weekend!