Merry Meet and Merry Part, and Merry Meet again

Monday, January 17, 2011

Strange Orb in the Sky

You will not believe what I have seen this morning. A very rare sighting. At first I was not sure that I was witnessing this unusual celestial event. Just a tiny glimpse, then suddenly, as if a supernova exploded....the backyard was filled with the brightest glowing light I have ever seen (at least since a month ago or so). Yes! Sun. Beautiful golden warming sunshine. It truly is a spectacular blessing, on a morning when the mercury took a major dive into the single digits and below. A burst of energy!  What a glorious moment.


Strange Orb on a Winter's Day



"January opens
The box of the year
And brings out days
That are bright and clear
And brings out days
That are cold and grey
And shouts, "Come see
What I brought today!"

-  Leland B. Jacobs, January






 photograph by Robin Larkspur

8 comments:

Aisha @The Bewitching Bibliophile said...

lovely poem, yes that strange orb is getting stronger sometimes, and yet still even in the coldest weather can warm a hard in seconds

Unknown said...

AH sunshine in on a wintry day. It makes everything cheery. I noticed Chris' pictures are very good. He does have an eye. Captured the beauty of snow.

Anonymous said...

The sun has been so rarely here this winter that I think I´ll go blind if it should show itself again :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day now!
Christer.

mxtodis123 said...

Love the poem. Wish that strange orb would appear over this neck of the woods.
Mary

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a sunny day with snow on the ground. One of my favorites!

Sea Witch said...

Nature's orb cannot open up quick enough for me these days. Make the soup, it is so good for you and the stirring of the hearty brew with a wooden spoon will have you casting with a positive energy. Nothing like a good stir of the cauldron to get the juices moving.

oldgreymare said...

Everyone around here has gone sunshine crazy. In the 70's yesterday.I actually saw kids skipping..WOOT!

But I will not be fooled. The chill will return....

xxx

z

Ponderosa Pagan said...

this is beautiful! The sun is the only thing to wake me up in the morning! I am going place this in my book of shadows! Thank you!